April 17, 2009

Ryan's Update

During the week between he got hurt and the removal of sutures, Ryan washed hair only twice instead of the normal everyday. When I bath him or shower him, I would let him wear lady's showercap over his whole head. I tore a little hole on the showercap to let him breath.

Took Ryan to the hospital for followup on 4/16 and to remove the sutures. Will need to apply the "tapes" like 3M's Steri-Strip on the wound for 3 to 6 months for the scar to heal. He is such a talkative boy, he would talk to the taxi driver, restaurant waitress, even the nurse when he was lying on the hospital bed waiting for the sutures to be removed. The nurse gave him a candy and he asked the nurse whether the candy is good and what other flavors she has......

Took a closeup of his scar this evening (4/17). The pink thing on his head is a Japanese invention to keep the hair temporarily off your face when washing face or for occassion like caring for Ryan's scar!!!




No comments: