Ryan started kindergarten in August. He had wanted to go to school like Thomas since May. He always said, "I don't want to go to nanny's, I want to go to school!" However, after the first 3 days, he decided he is done with kindergarten and refused to go anymore. Every morning when he woke up, he would ask "where are we going today?" If I answered "to Tien Mu", he would say "Horray, 'how bann'!" If I said "going to school", he would started to cry. However, everyday when I picked him up after school, he was very happy and seemed to be fine. The teachers commented that he is a quiet and shy boy!!! I was shocked by the comments, my Ryan? Shy and quiet? I think he felt very comfortable with adults and people older than him as he could even chat with taxi drivers, but he is adjusting how to get along with peers and younger children.
Took the kids to KFC during Typhoon Morakot and they had fun in the small playground inside KFC.
In Taiwan, Father's Day is August 8th as eight is pronounced "ba" in Chinse, and August 8th is "ba-ba", meaning "father". Thomas drew a big picture of Ivan to give to him for Father's Day. Mommy treated Daddy, A-Gong and A-Ma to a big feast on Father's Day.
Thomas and Ryan in living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment